Saturday, January 21, 2012

Lights, Camera, Action! Technical Things

So, its getting closer!  
First drawing of Bean by my daughter Paris.
How excited are WE???

We got ready to start filming and realized that our house is just TOO dark.  We already knew the lighting in this house is bad, but I hadn't realized HOW bad it would be when it came to filming.

Placed my order for a lighting kit yesterday afternoon for only $60.00!

Now keep in mind that I have no illusions (or budget right now) of thinking myself a professional photographer/film maker.  I am a wildly creative person with some amazingly talented actors in my life.  I want to get it online, and I don't believe in waiting "until everything is perfect" before stepping out to try something new.

When it comes to trying new things, things I had never even THOUGHT of trying, my philosophy is never, "But what if I can't do it right?" or "But what if I get it wrong?" 

but more of, "Why not give it a try?"

What is the worst that could happen?  Failure?  Never.  A learning experience for how to do things differently next time?  Perhaps.

If you're never making any mistakes in life, then you likely aren't taking any chances.

We are using our little old video camera that we bought back when we did "Alice in Wonderland" at our local community theater and our 9 year old daughter got the lead role.  This camera has seen SO many plays!  Even ones that I wrote, produces and directed alongside my husband and with my kids (we like to work together as a family).  

Its just a SONY DCR-SR300
But it has led to so many DVD sales from plays, I've certain it has paid for itself!
One of my favorite clips from a play I wrote called "Rapunzel's Story"



Its kind of hard to hear, but it is a VERY funny clip, if I do say so myself.  I was inspired at the time by Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew" with the 'Hero' of the play insulting the beautiful and snobbish, hateful 'Rapunzel'.

Off we go!  I'll post some blooper footage every weekend for you to laugh at, so keep visiting!

Do you have any personal funny youtube clips?  Leave me a link to your favorites in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment