Finding my "Vision" Character
I was visualizing something sort of like this:
Okay, guys, this was SO much harder than I thought it'd be! This poor little monkey had three or four face-lifts before I finally found the right one! My girls literally couldn't watch the process of me cutting into the monkey.
I would wake up in the middle of the night stressing about the fact that I couldn't find 'my' bean, or I would wake up with a wonderful idea.
That STILL wasn't "it".
Remember, we started with this basic shape from the pattern. I needed to make it more monkey like. I wanted cute cheeks, purple around the eyes... and those were my BIGGEST challenges.
One of my earlier incarnations (that my daughter most definitely DID NOT LIKE!)
I tried making just the eye/brow area separately.
I was mostly happy with this idea, and did end up using a modified version in the end... but I was still wanting CHEEKS.
WHOA. TOO MUCH CHEEKS!
The poor thing looks a little... scary.
BAD PLASTIC SURGERY.
I finally ended up tearing the whole brow plate off and redoing it. I also used foam blocks that I cut into half spheres for the cheeks. I was so incredibly excited once I saw the actual 'real' Bean coming through, that I didn't stop to take hardly ANY pictures... until he looked like THIS:
And, yes, in case you noticed, I AM having some issues with gender. I guess I should figure it out eventually. I feel like Bean is a boy (even though he's got the 'character' from my girly girl!) but those EYELASHES. I guess boys have eyelashes, too:)
Okay. I think that's settled, so here is the official announcement
It's a Boy!
Tune in tomorrow for the upcoming show schedule and a SNEAK PEEK!!