Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What's In a Name? The Song!

Well, in thinking on the theme song idea, I realized that this little "show" isn't going to always be all about the monkey.  Its more of an ensemble type thing.  So now I need to back up a little bit and find a... theme and a bigger picture kind of name.  Thoughts?  Ideas?

I know my kids favorite shows were really simple, Thomas the Tank Engine, Blue's Clues, Sesame St., Barney, Dora the Explorer... I guess with a lot of those, there was still a pivotal "main" character, and although this isn't so much a tv show as it is just short little youtube clips, I like to keep an eye on the big picture and all the potential things I might want to do.  In other words, I don't want to box myself in right from the start.  There isn't much I like less than being stuck in a box!

I *do* however, already HAVE one song about monkeys.  I suppose that will be good enough for now?  My one issue is that for the first time in a long time, I have fake nails (a Christmas gift from my mom:) so I can't play the guitar, and I don't want to have a song with no music.  Oh dear.  I think I'll ask my friend Bobo if he'd be interested in writing and performing the music for me... he's really awesome.  AND really goofy*, so we work well together:)  My goodness, my A.D.D. is showing a little bit... I can ramble on, can't I?

*Proof of alleged goofiness?  Why, yes, I do have some:
Okay, so actually, he looks a little scary here, but really, he's just being silly!  Don't be scared, he's one of the nicest guys I know!  And just as awesome as my own boys!
Let's try this again... no, he still looks a little angry.  *sigh*  I must find a silly picture!
OH MY GOODNESS!  I just talked with Bobo on facebook and he's going to help me!!  
Yay!  (Yes, that was the monkey saying "yay!")

Ah ha... HERE are the silly pictures.  I knew I had them around here somewhere!



And here is proof that he can also just act like a normal person... but I'm fairly certain that it is all an act!


Thank you, Bobo!!  You ROCK!

All this being said, I STILL need a Name For The Show!  
I need something fun, silly, goofy and all encompassing, but I don't want it to be just "Bean and Friends"  Why has my creativity left me all alone??

Ideas??  I'll post the theme song the very second its finished and recorded... maybe that will help...

No comments:

Post a Comment